Allow me to introduce myself. I am Hermione Granger, an eighteen-year-old student in my seventh year at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. After my two best friends, Harry Potter and Ron Weasley, dropped out of school to aid in the Second War against Voldemort, we re-enrolled for our seventh and final year of formal schooling. It seems only yesterday when, a nervous first-year, I was attempting to impress anyone and everyone with my knowledge in order to feel liked. If only I had known then that Hogwarts would become home to me.
But I digress. As part of my Advanced Muggle Studies course (I intend to work in the Ministry of Magic in Muggle Relations), I am required to do an independent project, fully immersing myself in one aspect of Muggle culture. Naturally, as the avid, accomplished reader I am (having exhausted 86% of the Wizarding literature in Hogwarts' library), I selected Muggle Language and Literature. My Professor and I agreed that, each week, I must read either 150 pages of Muggle popular fiction or 100 pages of literary fiction or nonfiction. I will attempt to read a mixture of genres. Furthermore, I must chronicle my reading in a popular Muggle venue for personal writing--the blog. Luckily, my dentist parents had already familiarized me with computers. I am one of two students allowed a laptop permit at Hogwarts. Therefore, this may also turn into somewhat of a personal diary because nobody I know has the ability to read my blog. In fact, to conclude my first post, I will share a sonnet (one of the most fascinating forms of Muggle poetry) that I wrote about my unrequited love, Ron Weasley.
When I first saw you on the Hogwarts train,
I hid how looking at you made me smile.
When you beat the troll soon to cause us pain,
I knew I wished to stay with you a while.
Though you can be stubborn, stupid, unkind,
Your every flaw I easily look past.
Such goodness in you I can clearly find!
When will you hold me in your arms at last?
While though with you I never feel alone,
We are just friends, do you too wish for more?
I long for when I can call you my own,
There is nothing of you I don’t adore!
What would I give for you to feel like me!
Oh Ron, in love with you I’ll ever be!
No comments:
Post a Comment