Friday, September 16, 2011

Currently

This week, I read 114 pages of Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers. That puts my semester total at 921 pages.

Sentences of the Week:

"For tell me, where can you find a love like mine, a love which neither time, nor absence, nor despair can extinguish; a love which contents itself with a lost ribbon, a stray look, or a chance word?" --Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers

It amazes me how melodramatic and creeperish the Duke is in his attempts to woo the queen. The whole scene (which lasts for a few pages of the same general idea) was so over the top that I could not help but laugh at him! Yet somehow it almsot seemed to be working on the queen...

"That’s how it is sometimes —
God comes to your window,
all bright light and black wings,
and you’re just too tired to open it." --"Dust," Dorianne Laux
 
Profound. I really like that quote.
But the quote of the week is:

"Love is the most selfish of all the passions." --Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers

Two words: So true.

No comments:

Post a Comment