Tuesday, September 6, 2011
A Whole New World... From Modern Day Sweden to Futuristic Farms to Medieval France
Having finished The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo and Animal Farm, I am diving into a new and completely different literary adventure! Recommended to me by Lavender Brown, I am now starting Alexandre Dumas' The Three Musketeers. Amazingly, the book only cost $1.25 back in the seventies when ti was printed (that's about 2 sickles and 3 knuts, according to this converter: http://www.hp-lexicon.org/wizworld/galleons.html). I wish I could still get books that cheap! I haven't gotten very far into the book yet, but it is a rather more challenging read than my last two books. All I've gathered so far is that the main character, D'Artagnan, is an arrogant little toerag with the emotional range of a teaspoon. He's an idiot with no sense of judgment who literally takes offense at everything. I can't help but be rather fond of him. I'm a huge fan of medieval fantasy literature, so I hope I will enjoy this book.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment